At Shaw Millworks today, we went live with a very cool web application that I built in Alpha 5 V8 to help manage our custom cabinetry and millwork shop. This web application provides :
- Tracking the submission, revisions and approvals of architectural drawings and production CAD shop drawings for custom cabinet fabrication
- Production forecasting, scheduling and progress
- Material and hardware tracking
- Invoice and payment Tracking
- Shop and field communications tracking on a per item basis
The application includes :
- A security framework that checks users credentials and allows specific users access to specific information
- A detailed real time PDF reporting mechanism with data driven highlighting to help us focus in on the issues we deem important
- Future development will include a direct link to associated CAD drawings and voice and video annotated memos associated with any item
What's really amazing is... I built this in just over a month with A5V8!
I used a lot of the new tools in A5V8. The new formatting options for grids are really awesome. The ability to set up columns, specify line breaks and use special formatting, ie; frames, etc. made it easy to display a ton of information in a clean easy to read format.
Once again ... you guys really did a great job with this release. Special thanks to you and to all of the members of the Alpha team for a truly amazing product.
You sure make me look like a hero!