Our licensing model evolved over many years. And as it did, so did its complexity.
We recently spent some time reworking our model. The goal: simplify it for developers, and make it more cost-competitive. The result is our new Alpha Five Version 9 Unlimited Distribution License.
For a flat fee of $999, developers can use Alpha Five to create as many applications for as many different customers as they'd like, without worrying about seats, license counts, contracts, and compliance.
Under the new Alpha Five v9 Unlimited Distribution License, once you've built your application in Alpha Five Platinum, you can:
- Distribute your applications freely, with no restrictions or royalties.
- Make an unlimited number of copies of your application, including trial or demo copies.
- Develop an unlimited number of applications (each with an unlimited number of copies).
- Work with .DBF or SQL servers (such as SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, Postgres, Access, etc.).
- Use the included installer for building your own custom setup program.
- Restricts users from editing (and possibly breaking) your application.
- Allow users to create and edit their own reports, labels, and letters.
- Create your own custom splash screen that appears when the software loads.
The Unlimited Distribution License does require that you first develop your application using a copy of Alpha Five v9 Platinum Edition. But if you already have Alpha Five v9 Standard, you can upgrade to v9 Platinum without having to modify any code.
For more information on how you can take advantage of our new licensing deal, hit our Web site, contact our sales team at 781-229-4500 ext. 1, or write to us.