If you're subscribed to the Alpha Software newsletter, you already know about our upcoming Alpha Five/SQL Server Web applications webinar taking place on Wednesday, June 3 from 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. Eastern Time. The course will also be recorded, and will be made available for viewing or downloading to registered users.
Microsoft SQL Server is the database engine of choice for millions of businesses. And with the availability of the free edition -- SQL Server Express 2005/2008 -- and its increased capacity, it's accessible by everyone. With the right SQL Server and Alpha Five skills, you can build highly scalable database applications, and greatly improve your marketability in this competitive economy.
But where do you start? Amazon lists over 1,300 books devoted to SQL Server. Not to mention all the courses available, plus Microsoft's official certification programs. Plus, it takes years of dedication to become a true SQL Server guru.
Fortunately, you don't have to be a guru to take advantage of SQL Server right now. Using Alpha Five as the front end, you can build new SQL Server based applications, migrate existing data to SQL Server, and manage data already in SQL Server, quickly and easily.
In our two-hour training session, hosted by Jim Dusoe, founder of BMSI Software and long-time Alpha fanatic, you'll learn
- How to choose the right version of SQL Server
- How to install SQL Server
- How to create SQL Server tables
- How and why to use stored procedures and triggers
- How to use SQL Server Views
- How to Use AlphaDAO to work with SQL Server
- The advantages of Web vs. Desktop Applications
- How to set up the Alpha Five (Web) Application Server for use with SQL Server
- How to run the Alpha Five Application Server as a service (using a free toolkit from Microsoft)